We are hiring a senior designer! Full details are below.
Founded in 2010 by award-winning Designer, Roisin Lafferty, Kingston Lafferty Design has quickly made its mark as a respected interior architecture and design agency across Ireland and the UK.
At KLD we think differently about design. Our designs take people on a journey, delivering fun and unexpected experiences. With a humanistic approach, we study the way in which people live and work to create tactile and meaningful design; putting human behaviour at the centre of every project.
What sets us apart is our desire to create spaces that tell a story. Every project tells a different story, unique to every client.
Our boutique studio now welcomes applications from high calibre senior interior designers to join our expanding studio. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic and aspire to grow in our expanding design studio. The candidate should have an excellent educational background with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree either in architecture or interior design with at least three years’ relevant and solid experience in this field.
Requirements and responsibilities are listed below.
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop and InDesign;
- Knowledge of 3D modelling programs such as 3DS max, Rhinoceros, Grasshopper would be a plus;
- Degree in interior architecture, architecture or interior design;
- Minimum three years of professional experience in producing tender and construction drawing packages;
- Exceptional detailing skills;
- Strong interior architecture knowledge and appreciation for the internal structure of building;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work on their own initiative, bringing ideas & solutions to the team, as well as the ability to work as a part of a team;
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Producing full tender and construction drawing packages for high-end residential and commercial projects;
- FF&E selection and specification;
- Supervising junior and intermediate interior designers;
- Coordinating with external consultants such as architects, quantity surveyors, structural engineers, building services engineers and builders;
- Creatively developing initial ideas, concepts and mood boards independently and as part of a team;
- Ensuring all proposals comply with the relevant building regulations;
- Bringing a job from initial concept stage through to construction and final completion, on budget;
- Attending site meetings, site management and overseeing design implementation on site;
- Project Management where required including construction supervision;
- Designing bespoke products (including lighting and furniture) for various clients;
- Producing 3D visuals when required;
- Producing and giving presentations through the use of Adobe software such as InDesign and Photoshop;
- Ongoing client management;
- Responsibility for innovative social media & blog posts along with the rest of the team.
WHY JOIN US:
As a member of our growing team, the successful candidate will be able to work on specially commissioned one off commercial and residential projects both in Ireland and in the UK. The candidate will work collaboratively in a creative environment with an amazing team, creating exciting projects that produce memorable experiences for our clients that each member can be proud of. This exciting opportunity offers excellent career progression opportunities for the right candidate.
We offer competitive remuneration for the ideal candidate. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Please send your application with subject “Senior Designer” to email@example.com
Application deadline: 5pm on 19 September 2016