Aisling Fitzgibbon joined us as a design intern in August 2018. Aisling has just completed her 2nd year in Interior Architecture Griffith College and is looking forward to heading back into 3rd year in September. Hungry for knowledge, Aisling is also doing a part time course in garden design. Aisling has been an incredible addition to the team while she’s been at KLD and has quite literally been doing a bit of everything, from creating moodboards, to developing initial plans for projects and of course lots of driving to sites. Watch this space.
1. What could you not live without?
Most definitely my puppies!
2. Where would be your ideal weekend break?
I’d love a city break maybe Paris for a weekend.
3. Who is your favourite interior designer in the world?
There’s many but if I had to choose one it’s the design firm Studio Modijefsky in Amsterdam, their interiors are really different, and they play with colour a lot which I love.
4. What would your ideal day out in Dublin be?
Probably a visit to the zoo and feeding the deer in the park. Big animal lover over here.
5. What do you love about interior design?
I love that there are no boundaries when designing and the freedom you have when creating something beautiful. Being able to transform a space for people to live and work in which impacts people’s everyday lives is really special!
6. Your favourite gadget or app?
Definitely Instagram but JustEat is probably used more…
7. What’s on your bucket list?
Lots of travel adventures are on it but the main one up there is to live in New Zealand one day.
8. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Ambitious, Optimistic, Creative
9. What is your favourite saying?
“It always seems impossible until its done” – Nelson Mandela
10. What’s your stress reliever?
Coming home to my puppies! And of course, love a good bath.
11. Who would you happily be stranded on a desert island with?
Wilson of course. (Get the tissues ready…)
12. How would you describe your family?
Crazy but always there for one another ?
13. Where do you want to be in 5 years time?
Working somewhere I love and to be happy!
14. What’s your favourite meal?
Thai food is my weakness.
15. Where is your favourite holiday destination?
I really want to visit Iceland it looks amazing.
16. Favourite hotel?
I’ve always wanted to visit Giraffe Manor in Kenya for the experience and give my breakfast away to them all!
17. How would you describe your home town?
Greystones in County Wicklow — Typically Irish
18. What’s in your handbag?
Phone, purse, earphones, keys, pens and pencils, chewing gum and lip balm.
19. What’s your favourite movie?
Tough one there is so many. I couldn’t choose just one, but Man on Fire is one of the favs.
20. What’s on your to-do list for 2018-2019?
Travel more, start some new exciting projects and gain all the experience I can from my time at KLD!