Margaux joined the KLD team earlier this summer as a Design Intern. It’s hard to believe how quickly the time has gone from Margaux’s arrival in the bright days of summer. And now as the crisp Autumn air arrives, Margaux finishes up her stint with KLD to return home to France.
During her time here Margaux has graced us with her cheerful, can-do attitude and her immense artistic talent. And while goodbye is always tinged with some sadness, we know this young designer is destined for some great things and a very bright future. Ahead of her final day with the team we caught up with Margaux and chatted to her about her love of nature, interiors and of course sketching!
1. What could you not live without?
I could’t live without my sketchbook and a pencil!
2. Where would be your ideal weekend break?
Anywhere close to the sea, a natural area where I can unwind.
3. Who is your favourite interior designer in the world?
I think it is Suo Fugimoto, I like that he wants to create a relationship between the interior and exterior.
4. Where’s your favourite place to visit in France?
Biarritz, its near the sea and the mountains. A small town but very dynamic, it’s a lovely place to be.
5. What do you love about interior design?
I love the ability to create spaces that cater to peoples needs; creating space in order to make life better for everyone.
6. Your favourite gadget or app?
My MP3, for sure ! I love listening to music all the time.
7. What’s on your bucket list?
To travel around the world!
8. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Passionate, curious, attentive.
9. What is your favourite saying?
Do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you.
10. What’s your stress reliever?
Talking with someone I am close to.
11. Who would you happily be stranded on a desert island with?
12. How would you describe your family?
Kind, funny, and close.
13. Where do you want to be in 5 years time?
In Canada maybe, I’d love to visit this beautiful country!
14. What’s your favourite meal?
It depends of my mood. But I would not say no to a Chinese meal!
15. Where is your favourite holiday destination?
An unknown country, to discover somewhere I’ve never been before.
16. Favourite hotel?
A hotel with a sea view.
17. How would you describe your home town?
Dynamic, artistic and a woodland – a really nice place to live!
18. What’s in your handbag?
My pencil case, my sketchbook and sunglasses.
19. What’s your favourite movie?
I just love animation, I find it so amazing how some people can produce all this beautiful work! but it’s difficult to pick a favourite… Maybe Moana, because it is about the sea 😉
20. What’s on your to-do list for 2017?
Find a internship abroad, somewhere I’ve never visited before (maybe Canada?) and draw, draw and draw ! 🙂